Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sometimes, Suddenly



Sometimes, life can seem so bleak. Sometimes it can feel as though I am lost in a downward spiraling well of deepest, darkest blackness whose all encompassing arms constantly reach out, enveloping me in fear. Sometimes it feels as though there can be no way out of despair. As though all the world is a foreign land in which I have no place. As though there is no point in even trying anymore. Sometimes, this life, this journey seems too hard to carry on.

So I stop fighting, let myself go; stop goading myself with thoughts of tipping myself over the edge and just do it.

And the funny thing is, as soon as I let go, there is nothing left to fear. Instead of falling endlessly as I had expected, I float quietly in space as though carried upon a quiet cloud until I can bring myself to open my eyes and see that the ground is not so very far beneath my feet and the sky is still up above, looking down on me, little old me, in this vast and, yes, beautiful world. The beauty releases the breath from my previously closed lungs and suddenly I find I can breath again. So I do.

.......and so on and so on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home