Saturday, January 08, 2005

Interrogation

Had compulsory meeting today with HR & the Area "Manager" under the guise of "finding out what went wrong with last manager". Although the aforementioned parties denied they would do such a thing, it was clearly an investigation to try and find out what the team had done to make "such a good manager" leave!!! It would have been comical if it hadn't been so upsetting. When I arrived in the tiny meeting room at central office, AM and HR had positioned themselves on one side of a long table, so I, the accused, had to sit opposite to make my defence.
I explained how I thought the manager had been unable to do her job and that perhaps she wasn't given the support she needed (ie from AM & HR). They - AM in particular - counteracted almost everything I said and then accused me of being defensive! This went on for too long and after about 2 hours, I left, feeling even more stressed than before safe in the knowledge that I'd have to attend a follow-up meeting in couple weeks - fantastic!
.......and so on and so on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home