Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Suddenly

Wow! Christmas is over and what fun was had by all, celebrating the birth of Christ; tho some knew not what they’d done, but we’ll forgive them (man! I’m so witty!).
Lets recap on the delightful events:
Spent nice day with H – my lovely housemate – last week putting the finishing touches to my seasonal shopping; and yes, I do mean finishing touches. This year, I have shocked myself by being astoundingly organised and not buying my gifts at 2pm on Christmas Eve before rushing, hot, bothered and very pouty, to catch the 3:30pm train to suburban homeland.
Went to
Covent Garden market to return a scarf I’d bought for BF’s mother which he didn’t think she’d like (she did – ha ha! Well, she said she did anyway which was a good job, as I couldn’t find the scarf seller to return it anyway!). Had lunch in Thomas Neal Centre – pleasant bar on lower floor – and wondered around cool little boutique shops plus the wonderful Urban Outfitters which is heavenly in that it is like my favourite ever shop – Joy – but bigger! So eclectic and random with wacky, tacky, perfect gifts, strange things you never knew you wanted – like a pink suede Buddha - and brilliantly individual clothing designs - yummy!




Anyway, lots of happy shopping later, BF came to meet us after work and suddenly I found myself somewhat drunk again! How did that happen? One minute we are (have to change tenses to emphasise strangeness) all having a few pleasant drinks in town and then suddenly we’re back in Clapham, in the local Sainsburys where H & BF are busy buying late night food supplies whilst I, cross with BF for goodness knows what (poor guy #1), am suddenly storming out of the store and almost as suddenly having an argument with the (poor guy #2) innocent homeless guy sitting outside.
I have no idea why, but suddenly I’m very upset about everything, about the fact that I’m suddenly so drunk, that it’s almost Christmas and that there are homeless people in the world. Everything has turned truly dismal all of a sudden and when BF & H leave the store they find me inconsolable and angry, refusing to go home because the homeless guy has no-where to go and it’s Christmas and all – Oh what a mess!

Half an hour later, the homeless guy, lets give the guy a name for pete’s sake; lets call him Pete. Some time later, when Pete has come over to the bollard where I’m leaning helplessly trying to pull myself together - to see if I’m okay as I’ve been crying by myself for 15 minutes - and I’ve finally managed to apologise to him for being such a drunken arse, Pete graciously forgives me and suggests I ‘go home with my friends’ who have been patiently waiting a small distance away ever since I ever so politely told them to “fuck off and leave me then!” Gosh, I’m an awful drunk – perhaps I need more practice.

Back home, apparently, I don’t actually remember it; BF feeds me water and patiently makes dinner whilst I crawl into bed still crying. I sit up briefly when he brings in a bowl of pasta and I shovel it into my mouth, through the tears, before falling back down into a drunken tear stained sleep. Apparently, I cry in my sleep for a while too – lovely!
Needless to say, I am never drinking again – ever!
.......and so on and so on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home